Thursday 8 October 2015

Buying Dutch Souvenirs in Volendam, Holland

Since we still have two hours to spend, my mom and I continued our wandering in fisherman town of Volendam. The town is not big I started to wonder if I should have called it a village instead. But, tourism seems to be going on very well in the town because there are so many shops in the main street of Volendam. In fact, this is where we can buy Dutch souvenirs in Holland.


Main Street of Volendam in Holland

For a start, there are cow bells. I am not sure if anyone's going to like a bell because as far as I know, none of my friends are bell-collector. Let's moving on to the object. 

Dutch Cow Bells Souvenir from Volendam

The next item is only appealing to you if you have green fingers. They are the seeds for tulips. Nobody in our tour group bought it because there is no way a tulip can blossom in a tropical country. The tropical weather is too hot for the tulips. A pity, but I guess we have to say bye-bye to tulips. If you want to see a lot of tulips in Holland, you should go during spring (mid-March to mid-May) and you will be able to see a patch of colorful tulips everywhere in Holland. 

Tulip seeds sold in Volendam


For those of you who live in tropical countries, I guess you can buy the alternative to the real tulips. The tulips are made from wood. Wooden tulips, they are. 

Wooden tulips decoration sold at Volendam

My mom is a fridge-magnet collector so she is more interested in checking out the next souvenir that we saw. A row of magnets of historical buildings in Holland. 

Amsterdam Building magnet in Holland

There are traditional costumes that you can rent and take picture with to show that you have visited Holland. So, if you have a lot of time to kill, you should check it out after buying a lot of souvenirs. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment